11.5.13

You Should Know: The Lone Bellow

According to iTunes and YouTube I have listened to 'Green Eyes and a Heart of Gold' by The Lone Below a lot in the past 3 days. It may be safe to assume that I have found something to connect with within the lyrics. You know after the initial shock of being broke fades away, like most things I find, you sink into being comfortable. I have found a way to be comfortable with a style of living that does not depend on making money. Finally. Life changes constantly and if there is one thing I have been able to get accustomed to in my life it would definitely have to be that no matter how badly I want them to, not one thing will stay the same very long. Nothing. Learning to become accustomed to the ebb and flow of life was one of my crowning achievements in my 27th year. My relationships changed, my children grew {and I acquired more!}, my current career and lifestyle and dreams have barely anything in common with the ones I had merely 3 years ago.
I have had a determination to raise my children wholesomely since before I knew I was certain I would even have children. Like most, I have only my instinct to rely on. Fortunately for my instinct it was 'raised right' as far as I am concerned. A combined effort of many amazing people... I was not raised by one or two but several. I have been soul searching for years to discover a way to verse my desire and a way to relay the message to my boys. "...The moneys gone and the house is cold but it's alright..." sums it up pretty well. Not that I do not want my children to have a desire to achieve and be fruitful but in a world where financial stability is seemingly more and more unlikely I hope they are able to live in a world where the most important   parts of their life are the experiences that happen regardless of money. Life goes on no matter how broke you are. Actually, life goes on no matter how rich you are too. Before we get there though, I feel it is in everyone's best interest to know, so they can be reminded if need be, where they came from. It has taken quite a few years for quite a few people to get our family where it is today and I do not expect for one moment for us to shy away from donating our own blood, sweat, and tears for the future of our next generations. I have always had this love affair with being American and could lose myself in the next few hours telling story after story of where I acquire my pride. I think it might be a better idea to spread it out over time.
As always my mind can be overtaken with lyrics and emotion will always inspire me to share.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment