3.5.13

North Georgia Skyline

I figure since we tout the beauty of our piece of Heaven it might be time to show off a bit. I moved onto the property, shortly after Declan was born, last year in May. At first, I was shocked at how accustomed to living in town I had become! There was an adjustment period. I mean I grew up merely 10 miles from 'town' and on 13 acres where my siblings and I pretty much had free reign. I appreciated, even as a child, the honeysuckle, bullfrogs, lightening bugs, whippoorwill calls, lizards, tall pines, and the creek. I loved the outdoors. Only like every other wild spirit with no where to roam I ran towards the hustle and bustle and became used to everything being 'right there'. In the past year, I have been witness to some pretty awesome things around here that reminded me why I wanted to raise my kids in the country, just as I had been. I could post hundreds of novice photos I've taken. Here are the best of my favorite shots of my favorite part of living here, the views from around the farm:

sunrise from the back deck
sunset from the back deck the night before the above sunrise was taken

the view of the farm across the valley from the top of the hill
the end of a rainbow, a sight unseen until my 27th year

No comments:

Post a Comment