17.5.13

Get It Girl!

We spent days preparing the 'field' for tractor access. We then spent days on the tractor. We then pulled all the stumps, sticks, rocks, and clumps of clay out and got back on the tractor. Three implements and all stinkin' day later I gathered my seeds. Then, Verner told us that we needed to fertilize it. *Sigh* I knew we had to but I had forgotten because I was so anxious to plant... and I was tired.
I decided to see how fast it could be done. Not only is it efficient but it makes labor fun.  I clocked my best time at 15 seconds! We use rabbit manure to fertilizer our gardens... talk about 'shittin' and gettin'. Ha haaaa!
I need to come up with a list of farmer girl chores that keep me fit, keep it fun, and prepare for our Farm Day this fall. Suggestions welcome!
So yeah, stay tuned for more entertaining happenings like this one. <3


No comments:

Post a Comment